Followers

Sunday 10 May 2020

Truth versus Dare


Its generally accepted fact,that there exist two basic realms which govern our fate. First one being good and other one that revolts against being good. They are kind of yin and yang energies. One that is glorified while later one challenges every part of being there. This leads us to the very essence of life that is a relationship between a mother and her daughter.

Every girl has experienced that part where either she has lived up to the expectations or has dared to do the unthinkable. I guess once a girl becomes a mother, the dynamics changes abruptly. There's a kind of shift in the energies.

The entire thought process goes for  a six. The  focus of life changes and gets a new meaning. The revolutionary becomes a nurturer. Every woman who eventually becomes a mother holds a deep desire to be a little girl, all over again. Lucky few like me do get to do it again by having a daughter of their own.

This little creature when comes into our lives, brings with it loads and tons of goodness.As  mother, we realise that in reality it's the Truth versus Dare scenario. Mother wishes to teach her progeny, all mannerisms and  the nuances. Well prodigy declares herself to  be the angel  and asks for Dare.

Everyday i get to learn new things from my little one,who i truly believe is my own mini version. She actually does the unthinkable or rather i should say does things which i could only think of doing but never had the courage to do. Here comes the effect of dominating DNA from dad's chromosomes, hopefully none will differ on this with me.

Other day i asked my daughter what part of the word 'NO' you don't understand or is it that you are hard of hearing. As to why don't you stop doing a thing when i yell no or don't seem to give it a hearing. The answer she gave me was  polite and was rather amusing. I wouldn't have even thought of such a thing ever . She simply said " i don't want to listen " that's why i chose to ignore the direction given by you . My daughter was just 4 year's old at this time. Now i realise, she wanted to convey the message that  she too has a mind of her own and i shouldn't interfere. Till date i have absolutely no idea about how should i let her know what's wrong n what's right for her. My motherly instincts do guide but to an extent.


Other day I happen to ask my daughter, why does she keep on repeating her mistakes and once again I was stumped by the answer she gave me. All she said was "it's a talent".

I guess the scenario of truth versus dare is going to continue forever.

Everyday i try to be compose and humble as a mother but end up taking up the challenge of either truth or dare. Life will continue with all its humour, it's simply upto us to find ours.

1 comment:

  1. Every child has a unique personality,we have to explore his or her potential...

    ReplyDelete