Followers

Tuesday 26 May 2020


Fashion or up-cycling 

In times of quarantine



As per parents it's the education sector which is struggling hard enough to reach a survival state. Fashion industry including magazines and big fashion houses are on the other hand filing for bankruptcy. Workers in the garment factories have tuned the machines to make face masks and protective gears.The world is trying to gasp fresh air through masks, which is finally available to rich and poor alike. Husbands are happy that wives' can't threaten them anymore about utilising the services of credit cards. Women are worried about repeating their clothes, although no one is partying anymore. Growing kids are the only genuine part of the population who might over grow their clothes or might as well wear them out sooner than expected and they seem to worry less. They have always fantasised about sharing clothes with parents or have been eyeing their elder siblings favourite t-shirt.

Everyone is literally living in their lounge pants which will eventually be replaced by shorts pertaining to hot weather. Well, let's just confess
we have always want to wear shorts to work. I know it's the most comfortable outfit during hot summer days. I guess might even improve productivity as well.

Recycle and reuse have been around for some time. This led me to think about up-cycling. It can be done pertaining to our comfort level. Our discarded clothes can be utilised perfectly for this kind of DIY. The best take away would be nothing is spend and if it gets spoiled, it was as it is meant to be discarded.

Fashion as it is, repeats itself. I went ahead and gave it a try myself. My daughter was happiest, as I was at the moment trying to turn one of my old shirt into a shirt dress for her. The only limitation was to find a perfect garment which required minimum effort as i am not a qualified tailor. Everything ranging from threads, needles and scissors was taken into account. I was so excited to do my first makeover that i forgot to take the most important factor into consideration. Well i didn't own a measuring tape. But since the adrenaline rush to create had already over powered my brain, my hands just went ahead. Scissors did most of the work and my master piece was ready. Although it adorns a teddy bear, who didn't refuse my offer for a free gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment