Followers

Friday 8 May 2020


Being a PARENT
To be or not to be

Being a parent  under no circumstance is less than being spell bounded. The child who is our own blood n skin, creates an aura of happiness and astonishment at the same time. Child is the father of man holds true to its very core at all times. Every parent tries to relive his/ her childhood through their children. Some of us take out time and play the games we could never win in our younger days. Others try to explore the ones' they were denied as a child. Few of us try to instill the same values which are imbibed within us, while quite a few become adventurous and let children be themselves and learn the harder way. They feel it's important to have individuality and an identity, a child can relate to while growing up and be proud of as an adult. We are not suppose to make clones but a responsible human beings.

Parenting is the toughest, when the fear of unknown grips.The situation when spelled out loud as when ..where ..what..how ..who arises. It  starts from the days of playgroup and continues for a lifetime. Everytime we come back from parent teacher meeting and my daughter's teacher is nothing but all praises about her. For a moment self and the daddy dearest look at each other and wonder, more like are we talking about the same child here. Trust me it amuses us every time.

Most of the days my daughter wants to exchange me with her granny. Mostly I am to be blamed for this one. I was the one to tell her that while growing up nobody ever scolded me. In pursuit of leading by example I ended up being the bad one. Although I confess I have a short temper and desire everything to be magically perfect. My  daughter feels  completely opposite. As per her theory its boring to keep things in place. Most of the days l run out words and not to mention patience completely. Other day I happen to ask my daughter, as I was curious to know that how hard it is for her to behave properly at home. The answer that followed was not expect, never could have crossed my mind. Every bit of it was worthy enough to give a thought. Well very candidly she asked me, as to why can't she live and behave in her house the way she desires. After all it's her house too. She has the right to feel comfortable in her own space.

Problem arises when as a parent we are forced to draw lines. Lines about cleanliness, eating nutritious food and ofcourse reminders about getting good marks. Aren't these the same parameters we kind of were not easy with while growing up ourselves. In our race of having the perfect kid on the block, at times we miss being a generous parent. We fail to acknowledge a fact that every child is different. Our children too expect us to be perfect, while we live within our own limitations. Cohabitation should be more fun and less of adjustments. We as family should practice gratitude for it helps in building up of character.

Strong foundation builds a basis of beautiful life and it is what a heart desires the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment